As of 08 February 2016 I am the proud owner, and principal consultant, at Agile-Scrum-Training.com - your resource for the best in Agile and Scrum training and consultancy.
But just who am I and why should you invest your time and money in AST's training and consulting?
I have recently completed a contract as Sr. PMO Agile Coach for Signet Jewelers. I have an additional 14 plus years of IT related Agile project management experience in multiple disciplines.
I am a certified SCRUM Master (CSM/SMC), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO/SPOC), Agile Certified Expert (ACE/CSP), and Agile Certified Trainer/Coach (ACT).
I have worked on numerous enterprise ecommerce, software, and web application development projects from inception through design, development, test, integration, trial, and deployment.
- 14 years of experience in leading multiple cross-functional IT projects from planning to closing
- Extensive experience in defining the scope, goals, time management, dependencies, functional processes, and iterative deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Proven track record in planning and executing enterprise-level projects among cross-functional, high-matrix organizations
- Effectively managing multiple priorities, and performing under pressure in fast-paced, rapidly changing environments
- Skilled in project organization and management, problem resolution and data documentation
- Uniquely skilled in understanding and developing innovative solutions to complex business problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, hard work and dedication have built up my reputation for being positive in decision making, straightforward and honest in communicating while being flexible in problem solving
As a proven Certified Scrum Master (CSM/SMC), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Agile Expert Certified (AEC), an Agile Certified Trainer/Coach (ACT) and a SAFe/DAD consultant with excellent communication skills and extensive experience in Agile, I professionally:
- Conduct/Manage/Coach Agile ceremonies, including but not limited to:
- Dependency identification and tracking
- Project Road Map and Release Planning
- Iteration and Sprint Planning
- Product Backlog grooming
- Assist with Release Train Planning and coordination
- Deal with impediments
- Track velocity (individuals and teams) daily with weekly team-leader updates , as well as:
- Project burn-down (team and as a whole)
- Project burn-up (team and as a whole)
- Project Health (team and as a whole)
- Key Achievement tracking
- Task Planning vs Achieved (team and as a whole)
- Items requiring management attention by team (daily and weekly)
- Track Progress vs the Program Timeline
- Utilize Agile Lifecycle Management Tools (e.g. Jira, Rally, Version 1, etc.)
- Provide Agile/Scrum/Kanban advocacy
- Lead Agile/Scrum/Kanban coaching and training
- Deliver SAFe, DAD, and OPPM consulting, implementation, and coaching
- Offer Enterprise Agile Transition coaching and training
- Utilize collocated and offshore distributed delivery models where applicable
As a consultant, I have strong presentation skills and a driving passion for continuous improvement. Utilizing significant interaction with senior management I work with stakeholders to develop user stories, help develop the project roadmap and release plans, establish priorities and dependencies, define team requirements, and deliver business needs. I then bring strong leadership to charge and deliver complex business applications, while pushing my teams and the business to exciting growth. All while acting as a team-player, facilitator, and a servant leader that is comfortable dealing with all project members – from the boardroom to the individual team member – all without ego or a personal agenda (other than to make each team the absolute best that they can be).
I am a US Citizen currently living in Houston, Texas .
I have extensive experience with enterprise client’s including but not limited to:
- Signet Jewelers – the largest retail jeweler in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain (they own Zales, Kay, Jared, Peoples, and several others) – as PMO Lead Agile Enterprise Coach
- Fortune 8 McKesson as head Scrum Master, Agile Trainer/Coach, and SAFe/DAD consultant
- Handling many other enterprise Waterfall to Agile transitions
- Continuous involvement in the IT, web, ecommerce, and the software industries
- As well as deep experience with start-ups and SMB’s.
I didn't simply read a book, take a course, and call myself a teacher or consultant. I have worked in the corporate trenches as an Agile consultant for over 14 years and have experienced what is truly needed to be a top-notch Agile professional. That cumulative knowledge is now what my team here at AST and I wish to impart to you on both this website and in our classes and consulting assignments.
I look forward to talking with you about how AST's unique abilities may be a perfect solution for your needs. Please reach out to me with any questions, comments, or suggestions that you may have.
David Lenertz, CSM/SMC, CSPO/SPOC, ACE, ACT, SAFe, PMP
Houston, Texas 77008
David Lenertz helps companies deliver value faster, with fewer errors, at a lower total cost. I am an Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Lean and SAFe focused professional that assists companies wanting to strategically improve their product/process return-on-investment by reducing development time, errors, and costs.